Friday, August 5, 2011

"My Goals" new and old

In two days I will be racing my third triathlon this year. This will be my first Olympic distance triathlon 1200 yard swim, 40k bike and 10k run. This race was going to be my "B" race for the tri year and my "A" race was going to be the Rev3 70.3 at Cedar Point. I have been training for the 70.3 for ever now, but It just wasn't in the cards for this year. So I decided to drop the 70.3 this year and make the Greater Cleveland Triathlon my "A" race.

Right now I am in the peak of the training for the 70.3 so there won't be much of a tapper...
Somebody asked me what was my time goals for this race. I was kind of clueless. I have done all the distances during my training, also I have done bricks with the same distances. I have never really thought of a time goal for this race. I think that I want to race this race as hard as I can as long as I cross the finish with a smile. I don't want to push myself to the point where I am not enjoying it anymore.

I am also doing the MS Bike Point to Point ride next weekend. Its a 175 mile two day bike tour. First day 100 miles and second 75 miles. I was also bribed with food to run the Akron Half Marathon in Sept. Tho I would of done it anyways. Plus I want to start base training with my run. I have a date with a 50k in January that I need to do. I didn't finish it last year and its been bugging me a lot. After the 50k I would like to start to add some good speed training in. I also have one more date with the Cleveland Marathon, I really would like to hit that 4:00ish mark. Continuing on I would really really really love to run the Burning River 100 in 2012. I think with the right planning and a good base(I have a year) I could do it. Even tho I might have to put my two other loves (bike and swim) on hold or a least just use them as cross training.




1 comment:

  1. We will be finishing Regis this year - and the BR.... yeah, we could do that to! Congrats Brian you're having a fantastic fitness year!

    ReplyDelete