Tuesday, March 22, 2011

53 days 23 hours 34 seconds



Last weeks train was well... last weeks training. Sometimes I have mental issues with my training, I feel like that I am not doing enough until the end of the week were I felt like I did to much. I am using a marathon training plan from Active Trainer. It normal cost around 30 dollars, but I got it free from a twitter post. The last marathon that I ran I used Hal Higdons beginner training plan,were I ran 4 days a week with one day cross training and one rest day. There was no Hill workouts or speed work, just running. This plan I am doing now is 3 or 4 days running, 1 or 2 days cross training and one day rest. The normal week is Monday Cross train, I swim and or Bike. Tuesday reset. Wednesday is Track day lots of hard running for short periods of time usually totaling around 3.5-5 miles. Thursday I have a choice of a easy 30 minute run or cross train. I usually swim then maybe bike a little. Friday is a run day that has some longer tempo and speed work. Its about one hour long and mileage comes in around 5-6 miles. Saturday is a rest day. Sunday is the long run, right now I am up to 2:45:00. I think the train peeks out at 3:30:00 20-22 miles.
The main thing that concerns me is that I am only putting in around 20-25 miles or 25-30 miles of running a week. Were last year I was doing 30-35 miles and topping out at 40-45 miles a week. I know that I was just running it at no goal pace back then, what I ran is what I ran... but the mileage was so much more.
I am going to continue this train program until the end and see were it takes me. I know that I am slowly getting faster along the way and hopefully this is going to get me to my goal of sub four. If not there is next time.

1 comment:

  1. There's no right or wrong training plan, all can work, so if it's working and you're feeling well then just roll with it and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete