Sunday, March 13, 2011

62 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes and 17 seconds

Mondays swim felt really good for the legs, I think it was a good recovery workout after the half marathon of hills. Nothing to special about the swim, just kept working on the Ti drills. By the way you can find more info on Ti here http://www.totalimmersion.net/

Wednesdays workout was a track workout, being that my RunKeeper on my iphone has not been playing very nicely lately I decided to program the workout into my Garmin 305. I have owned it for 1.5 years and its the first time I ever tried this. It really wasn't that hard to do either. Just opened up Garmin Training Center on the Mac and set it up from there. Track Day 800 warmup, 800 at 5k pace, 200 at easy, 200 at 5k pace then 400 recover at easy Repeat 4 times  Then 8-10 minutes cool down. On the third interval I started to get a little dizzy, not sure why but I still pushed threw the rest of the work out.
4.81 miles 46:55 minutes 

Thursday was Cross training and I swam at the YMCA. I did the normal warm up of breast stroke and then worked on my drills. Towards the end the pool was getting crowded and some Old Tool thought the pool was all his, jumping in front of everyone in the water, passing all over the place and just being a overall jackass. Anyways I was getting frustrated with him, along with every one else in the pool, so I just wanted to finish up and get out. The last 200 yards I just swam normal freestyle, it was weird because this was the first time I did this sense the first day at the pool when I was picked out as a new-be. Well it was a lot different this time! I swam hard and fast everything sort of just fell into place! When I hit the wall to turn around, I wasn't even out of breath. It was the coolest feeling to swim like that. I even did't want to get out, but that tool was still being an ass and I wanted to end it on a good note.

Friday I woke up to tons and tons of snow! The roads were really bad, so I decided to try out the P'Ville YMCA that is closer to home. The only down fall of this Y is thats there is a 30 minute time limit on the treadmills and most of my normal daily runs are 40-60 minutes. There wasn't that many people there that morning so I doubled up on the time. I ran 15 minute warmup then 5 minutes @ 8:50, 5@8:20, 5@7:50 then cool down.

Todays run I was scheduled easy for 2:30:00 nothing I really have to add to that one. Legs are still sore and I cut it short. Not sure why they don't recover better, its just a constant dull soreness from the hips down.
10 miles 1:43:42 10:22 avg. pave.



Later today I have a mile run planned in my new shoes, well the lack of shoes I should say. 
I finally picked them up friday after getting fitted for them last week. I want to at least run in the once a week for shorter distances hoping to bring a more forefoot strike to my running. Right now I wear orthotics in my shoes because I got bad heal spears and plantar facetious that I got last year after Cleveland. Even thou it doesn't bother me any more, I read a lot saying that the more natural running will help with this and help with preventing other injuries. I hope to give and small review of them and how my run went later.

1 comment:

  1. Mike was right - we could've run together today. I'm a member of the Painesville Y too. I love swimming, but it takes so LONG to get re-ready afterwards that I'd rather run. Guys don't have to worry about that.

    I ran barefoot on the treadmill once - it made me realize that I have no clue where my foot is supposed to strike the ground. Are you going to the running clinic?

    ReplyDelete