Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thank you 2011

I am welcoming 2012 with open arms, ready to embrace every new day. I see a lot of people sending off 2011 with the middle finger. Not me, I loved every damn day. Well almost everyday. I was humbled and learned humility. I learned to swim and swim far, I was reunited with the lost love of cycling. I rode my first century ride and backed it up with a 80 mile ride the next day. I competed in not only my first triathlon but three.
Most of all I have found a few new life long friends.

January: Ran 82.3 miles Cycled 29 miles Swam 0.0

In January I set out to finish my ultra training with the 2011 Run for Regis 50k. Being humbled I only made it 13.1 miles before dropping out.

February: Ran 82.3 miles Cycled 95.5 miles Swam 6.6 miles

After Regis I started training for the Cleveland Marathon. Using cycling as cross training and started to learn to swim.

March: Ran 90.4 miles Cycled 54.2 miles Swam 6.7 miles

Returning to the Mill Creek Distance Classic Half Marathon again I PRed the course by over 15 minutes from the last year!

Also returning to the first 5k of the year Strides of March 5k, I PRed the course and my 5k time 25:33. The best part of the race is I met my running BFF Kirsten from Days go By. Ok not only running BFF, but maybe a straight up BFF.

April: Ran 120.2 miles Cycled 24.2 miles Swam 7.5 miles

No races, just a very epic birthday run. I had this planned for awhile, the plan was 40 miles for 40 years. Mission complete.

May: Ran 77.7 miles Cycled 241.1 miles Swam 4.8 miles

West End YMCA Run 5k a raining VFF Bad ass PR 23:50
Then comes in my second marathon the 2011 Cleveland Marathon. The plan was sub 4 hours. Mile 16 all hell broke loose. Cramped up legs ruined my day. I was done. I was broken. I thank the lord above for my savor to carry me the last miles.

June: Ran 68.6 miles Cycled 180.9 miles Swam 12.2 miles

Warrior dash! What can I say but the best 5k ever!
Lake Health Distance Classic Half Marathon this was my second time running this race. I have only a few small words about this race. HOT AMD HUGE HILL.
My very first biathlon! The Lions 2011 biathlon. Learned a lot on how to pace your run and bike.
Crossfit Akron Triathlon Sprint distance! I loved it! I am hooked! Swim bike run till I die!

July: Ran 63.8 miles Cycled 359.5 miles Swam 13.6 miles

Lake Metroparks Pirate Triathlon Sprint distance. PR! Hands down top three races of the year. Just plain stupid!

August: Ran 69.4 miles Cycled 349.6 miles Swam 4.8 miles

Greater Cleveland Triathlon Olympic distance. One of the hardest races ever. The swim, I don't think I could ever explain. The bike was fun ass hell. The run was a death craw. Best thing I got out of this race was I learned to never stop moving forward. Push until you can't push anymore, then dig deeper and push more.

Bike MS Point to Point 175 mile ride.
Once again a first for me. A century ride the first day then a 80 mile ride home. I didn't know or expect this ride to be so meaningful in my life. I have so many memories from this ride I just don't have the time. Once again I learned to push myself beyond any thing I could ever expect. I hope this will be a yearly tradition.

September: Ran 105.6 miles Cycled 90.5 miles Swam 0.8

It's Better in Mentor 5 mile great race with my BFF

Believe and Achieve 10k trail race. This was my first real trail race. I killed it! Omg I'll never race on roads again.

Akron Half Marathon PR! 1:55:00 sub two hours! Some thinks that I was helping them get that sub 2, true confession I could of never done it with out there help. Lunch was crazy stupid.

October: Ran 140.1 miles Cycled 29.4 Swam well let's just say done for the year.

November: Ran 174 miles

Ran my second year at Autumn leaves 5 mile
PR the shit out of my 5 mile race at the CLE turkey trot!

December: 182.2 miles!

Ran my first 10 mile trail race at Salt Fork! It was, well to say the least it was a little muddy.

I ended 2011 with a running total of 1,271 miles in the books. Tons of new friends and a new love for trails. Will I miss 2011? Hell ya I will!

Bring on 2012! The year of ultras!

No comments:

Post a Comment