Thursday, January 20, 2011

114 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes, 10 seconds.

That is the count down until the Cleveland Marathon on May 15th. Yesterday was the first official training day. I am using a program from active.com, it's a intermediate program that works on more on speed. I have a goal time in mind but once again I just want to finish non injured. I am going to try to bore everyone who reads my blog by posting something everyday until the marathon, long or short. Mainly about what I did training wise and how I feel.

Yesterday I was scheduled to run for 45 minutes at a easy pace. My training easy pace is 10:15, I ran for 48:38 minutes a total distance of 5.04 miles at a average pace of 9:39. Of course I ran to fast, but I wanted to run some regret from Sunday's 50k trail run. All good now.

Today is a rest day. My plan starts of with weird days but then falls in a grove. Training is five days a week one being a cross training day. Everything is by time except for the track training days.

My goal times for training are:
Easy pace 10:15
Tempo pace 8:34
VO2 max 7:44
Speed pace 7:09
Long run pace 10:15 to 11:33
Marathon pace 9:02

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean I can add you to my list of Bloggers for the meet-up?!?!? You are going to do great! 114 days!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete