Monday, December 7, 2009

Workout Update

Very long week, felt like it would never end. This week I totally broke the 10% rule on Sunday. There was something in me that just wanted to keep on going. Plus I wanted to prove to myself that I could run 10 miles straight with no walking breaks. My legs to feel the pain, mainly in the calf area but I think that it was worth it. On Monday I walked on the dreadmill for 50 minutes @ 10% incline, Tuesday rest, Wednesday 2 miles @ 22:04, Thursday 3 miles @ 42:00, Friday 2 miles @ 19.27, Saturday rest and Sunday I RAN “10.25 miles @2:04:51” Sunday was also the first time I ever ran in the snow, It was about 28*F outside. I kind of liked it, very quiet. The only thing is the passing cars are a little more scary when there driving on ice.
I signed up for the Mill Creek Distance Class Half Marathon in Youngstown Ohio this week. It’s on March 7th, 2010 a Sunday at 8:45am. It’s a certified half marathon course which is chipped timed. I’ve read that it’s a pretty hilly course that runs out and back. I think that there were about 350 runners last year. This is placed at the end of week 20 of my 30 week training. Should be a good time… I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment