Sunday, December 20, 2009

Workout Update

Top ten reasons I run.

10. I run to improve my health.
9. I run because i enjoy it I think it's fun.
8. When I run in the morning it makes the rest of the day feel good.
7. I like to run because it clears my head. I like being alone to think about life things and running gives me that time.
6. it’s cheap to do and there are not many things that you need to run. A good pair of running shoes was the biggest cost.
5. When I run I notice things around me that I would never normally see driving around in a car
4. I like that I can eat twice the amount of food on days that I run and I am still losing weight.
3. I like running because of other runners. There is a certain family/friend type of camaraderie between runners. There’s always a friendly wave between runners when out running, even thou your perfect strangers.
2. I run to give my children a positive role model. Hopefully they'll see a positive change and want to join in.
1. I run so I can watch my children grow up.


This week’s running went really well. Monday I walked on the dread-mill for 55 minutes, Tuesday rest, Wednesday 2 miles @ 21:33, Thursday 3 miles @ 32:19, Friday 3 miles @ 31:02, Saturday rest and Sunday ran 5 miles @ 55:03.

I picked up a new book this week also, The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. So far it’s a good read. There is a ton of good recipes in there too. I have tried a few things and there not too bad. There is some weird veggies that I want to pickup and try to make some new dishes. I tried Mac and cheese from her web site and it was actually really good for not having any cheese in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment