Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Workout Update

Just a quick up date not much time this week big project going on at work and when I get home I feel I have no time left. So Spinning on Monday was a workout and a half! That Class really kills my legs, so much I think that I am going to skip the spinning workout the week of the half marathon. Hopefully saving my legs a little. Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday 3 miles @ 11:14, Thursday 5 miles @ 55:35, Friday I went to Fitworks and ran on the treadmill I warmed up for one mile @ 11:00 then ½ mile @ 10:00 then ½ mile @9:30 then ½ mile @ 8:50 Then brought it back down for a 10:30 finish, Saturday was a rest day and Sunday was a long 10 mile that I ran in 1:51:04 with a average pace of 11:04. I like that I can average 11 minute miles on my long run, I hope that by marathon time I can bring that down to 10:30 on a 20 mile run. After the ½ marathon I think that I am going to start some hill work and intervals, nothing crazy just something to step it up a little more.


I also got a new pair of running shoes, Mizuno Wave Alchemy 9 there replacing my New Balance 850’s. I was getting about 250 miles out of both pairs of my 850’s before the bottom started to get really bad wear in the rear outer corners. I am not sure if this was causing the slight pain in my heal sometimes, but I thought it was time to try something new. I ran Friday’s treadmill run and Sundays 10 mile run in them. I took about a mile each time for my foot to settle in, after that they felt really good.

Last note I started to lessen to a new to me podcast called “Two gomers run a marathon” They have a really laid back format that makes the show very listenable and fun. If you get a chance check them out on ITunes or their web site http://www.twogomers.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment