Monday, February 8, 2010

Workout Update

Last week’s training, I think had been the most draining yet. I feel very tired after I get home from work every day, almost like I am pushing it too far too fast without a good recovery. Then Sunday I got 11 hours sleep and I think all is well now. It’s amazing how the body tells you that something is not right or that you need to change something. So with that I am going to try to get ½ hour or more sleep a night during the week and see how that goes.


Tonight was my Monday cross training day with spinning as my choice of pain. The normal instructor was there tonight so I was a full hour class. Not sure what’s happening but the classes seem easier and I don’t feel like I couldn’t walk away from the bike. I guess that’s a good thing. I have two more free classes at Fitworks then I have to decide if I want to join.

So Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday a 3 mile run @ 10:47 pace, Thursday a 4 mile run @ 10:44 pace, Friday a 3 mile run @ 10:13 pace, Saturday was rest and Sundays long run was 9 miles @ 11:49 pace. I felt like I should have run my long run faster, but slower felt right this time.

This week’s runs are 3, 5, 3 and 10 miles, the 5 mile run on Thursday is going to be rough. Means I’ll have to get up a bit earlier to get it in. Thursdays midweek short/long runs increases every two weeks now from 5 to 6,7,8,9,10 then taper 8,6,2. Man a 10 miler Thursday morning then work all day… that is going to be tough.

Oh ya 26 days until my first Half Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment