Sunday, January 31, 2010

Workout Update

This week’s training started off very slow. I did not want to get up and run. I think I just have a lot on my mind, lots of pressure to get things done fast and perfect which adds to the daily drama of work. Mondays Spinning Class was a lot better than the first one. I was prepared with my towel and a full water bottle on my side. The class started a little late and I think that the instructor wanted to make up a little time in the beginning. She got right into some add 10% more repeats. When all done, for some reason I didn’t feel that I was working as hard as the first class and it was mush easier. I think that I might have been that I ran 11 miles the day before the first class, and this one I ran 7 the day before. Overall I really like going to Spinning Class it’s a refreshing change from the daily runs.


Wednesday I work up a little late and had to do a 3 miler, so I decided to run on the dreadmill. I think that was the first mistake. I ended up running 1.5 miles at a 10 minute pace, and then walked for a mile at 10% grade and 3.5 mile per hour. I think I am just an outside runner. It’s just too easy to get off the treadmill and stop. When you’re outside you still have to make to back home if you want to call it quits.

Thursdays run was my first 4 mile midweek run. Ran in 45:47 @ 10:26. It wasn’t too bad of a run and I glad I got it in. Fridays 3 mile run was 31:17 @ 10:26. Saturday was a rest day. Sunday was the last of the short 5mile long runs, For now on nothing under 7 miles on Sundays and that only three weeks from now. So Sunday’s very very cold run was 5 miles 54:51 @ 10:57.

Next week I am running 3, 4, 3 and 9 miles, man the miles are going to add up quick now!

No comments:

Post a Comment