Sunday, January 24, 2010

Workout Update

Let me tell ya something about spinning class, I think that it’s one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. It was one full hour of nonstop cardio fun. Being a total newbie of spinning I really didn’t know what was all entailed in the class. Let’s just say that there are three things you need when you go to a spinning class, One “WATER”, two a “TOWEL” and three lots of “HEART”. About ten minutes into the workout I felt muscles that I have never worked out before chime in. I didn’t think that I would not make it pass 15 minutes. Of course being the newbie I am I didn’t bring any water or towels to dry the “gallons” of sweat that was pouring off me. Twenty minutes into the class the very nice instructor got of her bike and reached into her duffel bag and bought me a cool fresh bottle of water. I was like naaa no thanks… she was like aahhh ya just take it tuff guy. I did with a smile and drank down half of it right then. I think the hardest part for me was the standing up on the bike and run/jog/pedal the bike. If you never seen a spin class go on You Tube and search one out and you’ll see what I mean about the sit to stand drills. I made it thru the whole class and the stretching after wards. I could barely walk when the class was done. Even after a day of rest Wednesday run was painful. Am I going back next Monday? Hell ya I am!!! I thought it was the enjoyable time working out that I had in a while.


So Monday was Spinning, Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday 3 miles @ 33:46, Thursday 3 miles @ 32:40, Friday 3 miles @28:58, Saturday was a rest day and Sunday 7 miles @ 1:17:14. Overall it was a very good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment