Sunday, January 17, 2010

Workout Update

This week’s runs were not too bad. I stepped it up a little bit on the short 3 milers and well... doubled the Sunday long. Monday I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes @ 10%, Tuesday rest, Wednesday 3 miles @ 33:32, Thursday 3 miles @ 29:48, Friday 3 miles @ 30:05, Saturday rest and Sunday 11.07 miles @ 2:02:22. I am glad that my time on the 3 milers dropped, I felt like it wasn’t pushing my anymore and I was being a lazy runner. I like that 3 miles- 30 minutes. Sunday’s long run was another can I do it. I ran from home to my father’s house. My wife and kids met me there for a birthday party we were having. I thought it was going to be a couple of miles longer but I am glad it was only 11 miles. My farthest run yet. I fueled up on the road with GU chomps and at mile 7 I stopped at a gas station for some water that I added some GU brew to. For the most part I kept up a steady pace of 10:30 to 11:00 but all said and done my average was 11:03. I am very happy with that time!!! Slow and long!!! And at that pace my half marathon would come in at 2:20-2:30 which that’s about I was thinking for a goal on my first. But who knows when then the excitement of the race kicks in I might end up a little faster times.


For the most part I am going to stick to the training plan for now on. I push my mileage too far and I can feel it now. Tomorrow is gong be my first spinning class so I hope all goes well with that. I’ll try to take some pictures and post a small update after the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment