Sunday, February 21, 2010

Workout Update

This week’s runs were a lot easier on me for some reason. Well I know the reason… it was a recovery week. My long run was 3 miles shorter than last week, but the daily runs were the same. The easy longs runs are now over and for now on there are none less than 10 miles until the week of my marathon which there is an 8 mile long the week of the marathon. Happy and nervous are my feelings about the upcoming runs.


There was a strange moment this week also. I don’t talk about his subject much, well because I just don’t and after this I won’t. I have been lessening to a lot of different types of music on my runs because I need to fill the time somehow on my runs. I stumbled onto a band Switchfoot, they are a rock band that is also a Christian rock band of sorts. I heard them before on the radio and never really took to them. When I run I have my iphone with me and lessen to a music program called slacker radio. On slacker you can choose your type of music or even the artists to lessen to. So I made a channel called Switchfoot. I started to lessen to it on my runs and after about ½ hour I realized that it was all Christian rock. I didn’t mind the music it was actually really good. Then I started to lessen to the words and most of it was not too deep into god just giving a message of faith and inspiration in a general way. It made me remember when I had my heart attack and in the mitts of pain begged god not to take me now and I promised to do anything just let me get through this. Sort of like when you drank too much and your praying to the toilet gods that this will be the last time you drink if you get me through this… but in a scarier way. I never made the promise to run or run a marathon or to actually to do anything in return, just please get me through this. I did make it though and never gave that moment another thought, well until I was running my Sunday long run and some song came on about thankfulness and such. Just then I had a strange feeling that I wasn’t running alone, I had a feeling of peacefulness almost I was surrounded by something that just felt right. When I started to think about this feeling and what was causing it, it went away. It might have been that I was tired or getting dehydrated or maybe someone checking in on me. Whatever it was, I feel that it gave me an interpretation of what god is to me. I don’t think that I’ll be that Sunday church person, even change my religious lifestyle. It just gave me a different view of what it is. I will never speak of this again or if you ask me about it I’ll shrug it off and tell you I don’t know what you’re talking about. It just a moment that I thought I would share with you.

So this week’s runs went very well, no real pains and aches to complain about. On Monday I went spinning for one hour, Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday I did 3 miles @ 11:11, Thursday was 5 miles @ 11:04, Friday was 3 miles @ 9:26 (very happy about that time), Saturday was rest and Sundays long run was 7 miles @11:01.

Next week’s run the mileage jumps up to 3,6,3 than 12 mile long run. I hope I do well on the midweek 6 mile runs.

I have 14 days left until my first half Marathon I am getting very excited!!! I am hoping for a time around 2:20 for the half marathon, but I’ll be happy just to run start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment