Sunday, November 15, 2009

My training program

I am using Hal Higdons 30 week Marathon training program. Its basically his novice 18 week marathon program with 13 week get started program.
I have been running for about 8 months now. Let me tell you "I AM NOT THE FASTEST RUNNER OUT THERE" and I will never be. I run because I think it's fun. Plus it has great side effects. I started off walking for acouple of weeks then moved to the Couch to 5K program. If you want to start running I would recommend the C25K program, very easy and you can repeat weeks if you don't think you can more on to the next week. After the C25K I continued to run four times a week, Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday I would run from 3-4 miles and Sunday a Long run from 5-8 miles. I have also ran three 5k races.
During the training program I am running a half marathon at the end of week 20. I was told by a few other runners that it will help me see what a marathon pace is like and help build confidence.
Hopefully during my training I am going to blog about what I did that day/week and how I well I am doing. I would also like to throw in some info what brought me here.
Until the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment