Thursday, November 26, 2009

Workout Update

The foot pain is 98% gone. Maybe I was lacing up the shoes a little too tight. I think that the next pair of running shoes I'll try on a little wider pair and see how they fit.
This week’s training feels real good, I don’t feel exhausted or drained after the runs. I think that’s because once again I am running less than I am used to. Although I am running a little faster than I was before. I printed off a cool chart from Greg McMillan’s site that gave me times that I should be shooting for in my training based off of recent 5K races. I have been running my daily runs way to slow and my long runs to fast. The chart states that my Steady- State Runs should be ran in 10:04 to 10:21 minute per hour. The Long runs should be ran 11:07 to 12:07. This is all based on running a 4:37:50 Marathon. I really don’t care how fast I finish my first marathon; I just thought I would set some kind of time goal so my workouts have some kind of set time goals that I can work for.
On Monday I walked on the “Dread”mill for 30 minutes @ 10%, Tuesday rest, Wednesday ran 2miles @21:16 and today I ran 3 miles @ 31:03. I am looking forward to running a 4.5 on Sunday. I know that I will be wishing for these easy weeks around week 20-21. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment