Sunday, November 29, 2009

Workout Update

On Fridays 2 miles run I decided to step it up a bit and run faster since it’s a short run. I ran the 2 miles in 18:33, the first mile in 9:13 second mile in 9:20. Today’s long run was 4.5 miles but I ended up doing 5.25 miles in 1:01, I felt really good so I thought it couldn’t hurt.
I have been thinking of joining a gym or a fitness center to do some cross training lately, maybe some yoga once a week to help with stretching. I noticed that my most of the leg muscle that I use to run with are getting bigger and toner, but the ones that are there for the ride are just kind of there so some light weight training would help to.
I signed up at Livestrong.com and downloaded the iphone app to keep track of my calorie intake. It has been a week now and I think that it will help me reach my weight goal. When I started out on this journey in April of 2009 I weighed 235 lbs and 5’8”. The doctors said that it was really important that I get my diet and weight under control to prevent another heart attack. “Yes you read that right another” At 37 years old I had a or several heart attacks, I’ll post more of that story later. Back on track thou today I weigh in at 193.3, I am working to getting to my goal weight of 165 lbs. That’s 42lbs down and 28 more to go. When I was at 200lbs I kind of got to a flat point where I wasn’t loosing anymore weight. I think I was losing fat and replacing it with muscle this lasted for about two months. Then I adjusted my calorie intake and started to lose weight again. So with the livestrong app I input my age, weight, height, physical activities and goal weight loss for each week and it will give you your calorie intake. Then you input what you’re eating and what exercise you have done and it will subtract from your daily allowance. I find this to be very helpful on keeping me honest with me diet. I don’t work for in any way get paid from livestrong.com I just think that it’s a very cool website and program they have, and thought I would let you know about it.
Also there are some good links that you should check out over on my side bar. If you’re like me and run alone out there, then you should check out some of the running podcasts. My favorite is Phedippidations. Kind of like my best running friend now.

No comments:

Post a Comment