Wednesday, February 2, 2011

101 days 09 hour 16 minutes 20 seconds

Today I went to the local YMCA that i just joined and thought I would run on the treadmills do to the super craptastic weather we had. I was scheduled for a easy 45 minute run at a easy pace. Treadmill at incline 1 and warmed up for 2-3 minutes with a nice 18:00 pace walk. Then I kicked it up to the recommended 10:15 pace for a bit. I felt like I wasn't going anywhere so I took it to a 9:45, That felt a lot better for a cruzin pace. I ran 38 minutes then started my striders, Jumped to 8:30 for 2 minutes then back down to 10:00. Next set I went back to 8:30 but felt like I had a lot more in me so I went to 8:00, Still felt strong so dropped down to 7:30 for 2 minutes. Now I was felling it! Rested back at 10:00 and felt like I was almost walking. One more time at 7:30 then walked at 18:00 for a few.
I dont think that I would of pushed my self that hard if I was outside on the road. I guess in a way I need some treadmill workouts, at least I know that it will keep me on track and push a little harder.

Tomorrow the weather is still crap, so I am going to go back to the YMCA. I am going to start with a new sport to warm up. "SWIMMING!" I am in no way a good swimmer but I hope to be some day, my cousin said something to me one time when I told him I couldn't swim... He told me ya and a year ago your didn't run either... Good Point! So we will see how it goes tomorrow.

45:02 4.69 miles 9:36 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment