Sunday, February 6, 2011

97 days 19 hours 49 minutes 20 seconds

I had a choice today to run one hour at a 10k pace or one hour at easy pace. I think I taxed the fuel pump on that last run so I decided to run a sort of easy pace. Yesterday I had a achy feeling in the chest like I pushed it to hard. It could also be the swimming work out earlier in the week. Muscles screaming back at me!!! What are you doing!!!

Sundays long run easy pace should be 10:15 to 11:30. I guess 9:48 is the new 10:30.

This is also the first time I ran outside with my new Sauconys! On the tread mill I have been using a heel lock shoe tie, but today it was killing the front of my ankles , so mid run I stopped a re-laced them normal and it all worked out. The only thing is that my new shoes are dirty, I feel kind of girly saying that, it just one of those things I guess.

Yesterday I got my new orange shoe laces to show my support for the ING Run For Something Better. I donated when I sign up for the lottery to be in the NewYork City Marathon.

About ING Run For Something Better

Childhood obesity has become a serious health concern across the nation. ING Run For Something Better is tackling the issue by helping kids become fit through free, school-based running fitness programs.
To make these school programs possible, ING Run For Something Better works with community partners and provides much needed grants through your fundraising efforts and donations. As a result, together we’re getting kids on the move and on the road to physical fitness.
The mission of the nonprofit program, ING Run For Something Better, is to prevent obesity in children by making fitness opportunities available in schools. We want to introduce kids to the benefits of running and physical fitness and empower children with the means to achieve a healthy lifestyle that they can maintain for the long term. And we’re making it fun for kids, too!
Please check it out at http://ingrfsb.com even if you don't donated please check out the great things they are doing.


Overall good day running. Cant wait till tomarrow! Back to the pool in the morning and on the trainer after work!

1:07:02  6.84 miles 9:48 avg pace

No comments:

Post a Comment