Friday, February 18, 2011

85 days 20 hours 5 minutes 10 seconds

Wednesdays morning run was done at the YMCA on the treadmill. It was a track workout. Warmup for 10 minutes then right into 4x800 meters at race pace with 200m recoveries. Warmup was 10:15 and race pace is 9:09. Then a 10 minute cool down at 10:15. Overall it was a good workout. I didn't feel to wiped out afterwards either.

Thursday I had to run outside! You can smell and feel the warmth coming back! I was scheduled a easy run for 30 minutes I ended up doing 3.14 @ 9:36 pace... One minute a mile to fast over all. Oh well it was warm and it felt right. After the run I went to the YMCA to practice my swimming.
Warmed up with 100m breast then tried my best at freestyle, but breathing felt labored and harder. I practiced some swimming in my sides to calm me down a bit and that helped. I only did about 400-500m of freestyle and finished with the breast. Little by little I'll get it.


Today was tempo and hill repeats. Started with
15 minutes @ 9:45 avg
10 minutes @ 8:21 avg
02 minutes @15:36 avg
10 minutes @ 8:50 avg
02 minutes @ 16:19 avg
Then 15 minutes up and down hills @11:05 avg
I dont have a feel for how fast I am running, I wish I push just a tad bit more on the second tempo, but Ill get it next time!

Also I got a new road bike frame to replace my felt F75 frame that was 3 sizes to big for me. So I hope to finish putting it all together and getting to take it one a test ride a little later today! Its a all carbon fiber frame so it should be lighter and hopefully the power transfer will be better. Let along its the right size bike! Ill try to post some pictures when its all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment