Friday, February 4, 2011

99 days 22 hours 22 minutes 20 seconds

I joined the local YMCA, mainly to take some classes like yoga and maybe there boot camp program. I thought even use there treadmills on crappy days, even thou three feet from me now is my own treadmill. I could even go swimming. Yesterday was my first day of swimming in a real real long time. I bought a new suit and even some sweet lookin goggles! To say the least I looked the part. I woke up early in hopes that there would not be to many people there. I jumped in the pool and was ready to get my swim on!


Well at least for the first 10 yards i did ok. Then I was breathing all crazy, not moving like a swimmer should... It was a total crap feast! After 50 yards for killing myself the guy in the next lane said in a very nice manner, Hey you know if your just starting off maybe you should try the breast stroke. Would you like me to show you how? I smiled and said "PLEASE" I guess anybody could of pointed out my not so goos swimming skills. So he started to show me the right way and told me to practice on this style and build up you endurance. After a few laps he gave me a couple of more tips on the kicking part and watched for a few more laps. I started to get in down about ten laps into it. I am not sure how many laps or how far I swam but I stuck with it for 20 minutes.
When I got out of the pool I could really feel the effects of the workout. Heavy arms and tired legs... Just think I still had 30 minutes of running to do!

Swimming: 500 yardish 20 minutes
Running: 3.33 miles 30:02 9:01 avg pace (not sure why I wanted to run faster to day)

No comments:

Post a Comment