Thursday, February 10, 2011

93 days 11 hours 00 seconds

Yesterday was a treadmill day again, i really don't mind the treadmill that much now that I have been using it a the local YMCA. I found out it helps me stay on target with my pace and intervals are easier. I had hill work that I did on the treadmill, I usually run at 1% incline. So to start I ran 15 minutes at easy 10:15 pace then I upped the incline to 3% for two minutes and back down to 1% for a 2:00 rest. Then repeated the same drill with 3.5%, 4%, 4.5% and then 5%. I have been wearing my garmin with the heart rate monitor on my workouts trying to see what zones I have been in. I notice that I run a lot in zone 3. On the hills I went into zone 4, 5% incline I was going into low zone 5. I think I max out at 185 and I was hitting 180. Is this pushing it to hard? I never felt like I was going to fall down exhausted. Who knows? I will have to research more into the heart rate zones.

Today I did some swimming and running. I am still super new to the swimming and trying to take it slow. I am swimming the breast stroke right now, witch seems to be a good place to start. The pool I swim at is 25 yards long,and after 15-20 laps seems like a 100 yards. I swam 1500 yards in 40ish minutes. It's the farthest I have swam in one session. Then legs were tired when I went into my run. I ran a easy pace for 30 minutes and a five minute cool down.

Swim: 1500 yards 40:00
Run: 3.11 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment