Friday, February 25, 2011

78 days 21 hours 10 minutes 6 seconds

Wednesday morning was a Track workout. 10 minutes warmup stretching. .5 mile @ easy pace then 4*1000m @ race pace with 200m recovery then 10 minute cool down at a snails pace. I went a little faster on the 1000m repeats just to kick my ass a little. Overall a great workout!
4.10 miles 38:00 9:16 avg. pave

That evening I hit the train and put down 16.29 miles in 1:05:00 making it 74 more miles until my goal!

Thursday Was a choice of cross training of run for 30 minutes. I decided to work on my swim. Breast stroke warm up then more Ti drills. Then finished up with some more breast stroke. Got my 2 mile goal today torwards my ironman challenge.
1 mile 1:00:00 the pace and time is not correct on any of my swims I alway forget when I start and what lap I am on, I usually stop counting half way in...
When I got home I wanted to hit the trainer for 10 or so miles. I also wanted to try to run right after the bike just to see what it would be like. The ride was great! I kept my overall cadence over 85 the whole time. The last 10 minutes I was doing some small intervals and still kept the pace.
As soon as I hit 10 miles I jumped for the bike changed my shirt to some layers and threw on my running shoes and went out the door. A very strange thing happened here, instead of being beat and running slow I was running fast. My legs were is firing that 85 cadence, but I was running. It felt really good, I wasn't sure how far I was going to run so I just ran. Ended up running 2.65 miles at a 8:44 avg. pace. Fun Times!

Today was going to be a hour tempo run, 20 minutes warm up, 20 minutes at tempo pace then 20 minute hills. Do to the great weather I decided to stay home and use my treadmill. Set 1% @ 10 minute pace for 20 minutes... all good! Set 1% @ 8:34 pace for 20 minutes... not so good! Lasted 6 minutes in and just could not keep up anymore. I really wasn't out of breath, I just felt like I was done. Jumped of to the sides and rested for a minute. Kicked it down to 10:00 pace again and ran 10 more minutes. Just not feeling it I decided that I would walk up and down the incline. Went by 2's and increase every minute until the 12% max then decreased by 2's every minute.

I guess we all have those runs were you just don't have it. Thats ok! I don't worry about the runs didn't go right, only the ones that I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment