Tuesday, February 22, 2011

81 days 9 hours 57 minutes 21 seconds



Sundays long run started off really cold. I forgot my scarf thing and my good gloves, at least i had my old gloves in my car. I ran the Lake Health Distance Classic Half Marathon course, I ran part of it last sunday. From mile 5-9 its really really hilly and gives you a great workout. Well any ways I cut the course a little short to stay in my two hour run plan.
11.57 miles 1:59:13 10:18 avg pace

Sunday night I road my bike on the trainer and got in 8 miles towards the Ironman Challenge
8 miles 31:02

Monday is cross training day so I went into the YMCA to work on my swimming. Started off with the breast stroke and then started on my Total Immersion Drills. Its only step one so its nothing to exciting yet. Basically it floating on your back with your hands on your sides and slowly kicking. Its to learn to be comfortable floating in the water. I did pretty good and felt like i was doing a good job. Then finished off with some more laps of the breast stroke.
1600 yards about 1:00:00

Monday night I got some more time in on the new bike. I hammered out 14 more to add to the Ironman challenge. It was also the longest I spent on my trainer in one setting also. One hour!
14 miles 1:01:01



I also Picked up some new pedals and shoes for my bike. I had some mountain bike shoes that I was using but they were to small and killed my feet 5 minutes into the ride. I got a pair of Louis Garneau Ventilator Road Shoes that were on sale at Performance bike. They feel so much better!







The pedals I got were some cr150's by forte. They are a little on the heavy side but once again they were on sale and I can always put them on my commuter and upgrade to something lighter later.

Overall I am really happy with my new bike frame and cant wait to it on the real road!

No comments:

Post a Comment